Sunday, April 10

A letter to "Sons & Lovers"

Time flies, isn’t it?

Three years it has been since I first held you in my hands.

You were crimson red with a hint of dark on your edges all around. On the corner shelf of a dim lit room you were whispering to me, “Come. I shall be yours through misery & mystery. Hold. I shall take you through pain & pleasure. Know. I shall be your truth forever.”

I took you away.

I had dreamed of a journey together full of possibilities, but I could never be bold. My lips trembled when they took your name. My hands shivered when they felt your weight. I never dared touch you.
Perhaps, I was afraid of you; your popularity, your controversies. I never wanted others to know about our association. After all, I was a good guy.  

I put up a mask, like a veneer that hides ugly furniture. I pretended and further pretended. Every day, I waged a battle inside. A strange fear kept holding me back from giving what was duly yours.
Oh, dear! I didn’t know you were so resilient. Three long years you waited silently to let me tell this world that I had had you!

Yes, I have got you and I’m not ashamed.

 I want to know you. I want to understand you. Those 392 pages of you are mine and I shall definitely treasure you.


Truly Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tharoor in a pseudo intellectual role till 2019

Mr Tharoor is a learned person...represented India in the UN ...lost the race to be its secretary general not because he was less competen...