Thursday, February 25

WHAT LIFE IS!

Jinks’ 10 is gone. But, reminiscences are still floating in air. They are now integral parts of our lives. One of the most interesting things that happened to me during JINKS’ 10 was participation in Mr. JINKS’. Initially, I thought about it ten times. Should I participate, shouldn’t I? At last, I decided to try. In order to qualify in the main round of Mr. Jinks, participants had to fill a form which asked to define what life is. When I saw that question, I thought, "May be the space provided is not enough for such a big question". But, when I started writing, I felt as if I had no words to define life. Anyhow, I managed to write something. But, my definition of life didn’t see the dawn as the judges were not convinced by my answer. And so, I was not selected for the main round. But, this experience gave me a very beautiful topic to write about.


Well, It is almost impossible to define life in words. Still, as a writer, I can take such liberty and when I define life, I see it as a flow. Life is a journey and it goes on. We rejoice we grieve. But, life never stops. It just flows. Life has no destination. It can never be a destination. Those who define life by aims either underestimate themselves or life. I remember when I was small, I used to think about too many things. I thought of becoming engineer. Now, when I‘m on the verge of being an engineer, I think to be anything but engineer. Such is life and such is life’s mystery. Life is an exploration. We do not know what it holds. Only when we unearth it, we find the true face of it. The real joy of life lies in its uncertainty. Hope, Tim Robbins in The Shawshank Redemption says, “ Hope is a good thing, may be the best of things and no good thing ever dies” has its genesis in life's dubiety and no one can deny there is ever a thing as merciful as hope. Many people spend their entire lives in anticipation of something, may be on some kind of hope. Those who are alone live life in search of friends, those who are poor do so in hope of prosperity. Life is also about memoirs we have of our past. People, come & go. joys, sorrows too pass. But their memories always remain with us. They blend with our soul and remain alive until we are.

But,friends, Life can never be about making money or fulfilling some dreams. Life is not an end too my friend. Life is all about living. If you could live it well, you will be worthy of it. In a nut shell, life is what life is! So, stop worrying and enjoy it because life is a beautiful dream and we are fortunate to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tharoor in a pseudo intellectual role till 2019

Mr Tharoor is a learned person...represented India in the UN ...lost the race to be its secretary general not because he was less competen...